Need convenient, quality care for a sudden illness or injury? Your primary care physician may be unavailable, so it’s important to know your healthcare options. Choosing the correct care facility can save time, money, and maybe even your life.
Why choose urgent care:
- Approximately 13.7 to 27.1 percent of all emergency room visits could have been treated at an urgent care center, resulting in a savings of $4.4 billion each year
- The average wait time to see a health care professional at urgent care is often less than 30 minutes. And you can sometimes even make an appointment online so you can wait in the comfort of your home versus a waiting room.
- Most urgent care centers are open seven days a week, including evenings and nights.
- The average urgent care cost can be less than emergency room care for the same complaint.
- If you have children, you know they don’t always get sick at the most convenient times. If your regular doctor’s office is closed, urgent care may be the next best choice.